If you want to ride another day, you have to make it there first.
How well you protect your head could be the difference between life and death.
Click an image to see a larger version.
More pictures here...
We wanted matching helmets to use when we go riding so we started the tedious process of narrowing down the field. Our list of "must haves" consisted of the following: affordable, modular, good looking, DOT approved, comfortable, removable pads and good air flow. There are probably hundreds of helmets out there that fit this criteria but the "good looking" part is subjective. Whoever is going to wear the helmet, they are the only ones that matter when it comes to what is good looking or not.
We spent a few hours here and there over the course of a few weeks searching local motorcycle shops and online for the perfect helmet. We wanted a light, solid color helmet so that ruled out the vast majority of what our local shops carried. It seems they like to sell black helmets with skulls and crossbones on them more than anything else. Nothing wrong with that, just not our cup of tea.
We ended up choosing the Bell Revolver EVO helmet based on it's good looks and positive reviews. We paid $199 each for our helmets and ordered them online and they arrived a few days later. We added a Midland XTC 200 HD video camera to left side of Jerry's helmet and because of this, we had to mount his Sena Bluetooth unit on the right side. On the back, he added a vinyl decal that says "RAPTURE, Separation of Church and State". We mounted Cynthia's Sena unit on the left side of her helmet and she added a vinyl decal on the back of hers that says "Fight Like A Girl".
The helmet has excellent air flow, includes a built in flip down tinted visor and it looks amazing. It is a tiny bit noisy (wind noise) but not bad at all. We love the modular feature and it is super easy to flip open the front of the helmet with one hand. It does take 2 hands to close it, though. Well, you can do it with one hand but it is easier with two. So far there isn't anything we dislike about the helmets so if you are in the market for a new helmet, the Bell Revolver EVO is quite a bit of bang for the buck.
With a solid base to start from in the Bell Revolver, the Bell R&D team worked countless hours in the lab and out on the street to create the new definitive modular helmet, deserving of the Bell name. With the Revolver EVO, carefully thought out refinements like a redesigned eyeport seal to reduce wind noise, new chin curtain to keep cold air out, and an improved flip down sun shade take the Revolver EVO to the highest level in rider comfort, performance and value.
- Industries first flip-up helmet designed to have the function and performance for even the most serious sportbike riders
- Internal Sun Shade offers "on the fly" protection from the sun without having to stop and change shields
- Velocity Flow ventilation system with FlowAdjust provides class leading ventilation and temperature control
- Lightweight composite polycarbonate alloy shell
- Stable aerodynamic signature resists buffeting and lift at speed
- Integrated speaker pockets for audio speakers
- Contour cut cheekpads for superior fit and comfort
- ClickRelease for the fastest, easiest, tool-free shield swaps ever
- NutraFog II superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
- Removable and washable interior for maximum comfort
- Exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper (Patent Pending)
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Five-year warranty
- Certification: DOT
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.